Chai by Serendibitea
(C.) ~ Chai by Serendibitea
| Black with spice | Brew 85c. Mix tea. Boil milk. 4 to 8 minutes.
An exquisite blend of warm soothing spices and black Indian Tea. Black tea softly blended with ginger, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom pods. Great for the tea drinker who likes a bit of a thrill in their morning cup of tea.
The following ingredients are believed* to have the following benefits:
- Ginger - To boost the immune system and a digestive aid
- Cloves - Used in the treatment of coughs, bronchitis and asthma
- Cinnamon - Regulate blood sugar levels preventing increased storage of body fat. Used to increase the metabolism of glucose and helps the body process carbohydrates efficiently.
- Cardamom pods - To relieve bloating and gas and also used to treat bad breath
*Refer to Serendibitea's disclaimer here
- Add 2 teaspoons of Chai and ½ cup of water into a saucepan or microwave and bring to boil.
- Add 2 cups of milk or soy milk, and again bring to boil.
Take saucepan off the heat and add honey or sugar to taste.